Hannon Biomechanics Analysis
1. Hannon Biomechanics Analysis is a Phoenix area based Arizona Corporation, providing consulting services and expert witness testimony in detailed biomechanics, functional human anatomy, neurosciences, and medical analyses. We also have satellite offices in Flagstaff, Az. and in Dallas, Tx. Our casework includes over 2300 cases over the past 30 years including cases involving passenger motor vehicle accidents, large commercial truck accidents, pedestrian injuries, industrial injuries, human falls, retail store injuries, surgical implant failures and sports/recreational injuries. Criminal forensics cases addressed include physical assault/homicide including child abuse, shootings, beatings and vehicular homicide. Computer modeling of the human body is performed when required in a cost effective manner (both simulations and renditions).
2. In addition to a strong understanding of Newtonian mechanics and mechanics of materials, Dr. Hannon's human structural/functional anatomy and human physiology education, teaching and research background over 35 years enables him to provide strong comprehensive biomechanical/functional anatomy opinions that cannot be addressed by most other biomechanists.
3. Our core expertise is injury causation biomechanics/functional anatomy relating traumatic forces, moments and torques to tolerance limits for the head, spine and all other human anatomical sites. About 60% of our civil litigation work involves serious personal injury or wrongful death in accidents/incidents which do not involve motor vehicles but rather involves falls, equipment failure, orthopedic implant failure, industrial accidents, retail store accidents or sports/recreational activities. David Bosch Ph. D., mechanical/materials engineering, is involved in some of these matters which require a team approach analysis. HBA injury analyses include medical chart reviews, human dynamics analysis and sometimes product testing in such cases. Hannon Biomechanics Analysis medical opinion is offered by medical doctor specialists (MDs) in pathology. Forensic anthropology opinion when required is offered by Anthony Falsetti Ph. D.
4. Dr. Patrick R. Hannon has been grant funded by the National Science Foundation, the Air Force Office of Scientific Research and the U.S. Department of Defense. Dr. Hannon is a retired professor and Faculty Emeritus at Northern Arizona University, College of Engineering and Natural Sciences, Dept. of Biological Sciences. He held a tenured full-time faculty position for 28 years at Northern Arizona University prior to his retirement in May of 2008. Dr. Hannon has addressed hundreds of injury biomechanics, neurosciences and functional anatomy injury issues and has testified nationwide in over 450 civil and criminal cases in county, state and federal courts over the past thirty years. He has completed faculty fellowships at Wright-Patterson AFB (Ohio) in Biodynamics, Brooks AFB (Texas) in the neurosciences and accomplished a six month sabbatical at Thomas Jefferson Medical College (Dept. of Neurology) (Philadelphia).
5. Dr. Hannon has co-authored the first textbook published in the United States in forensic biomechanics, entitled Forensic Biomechanics, (2006; 2008) and additionally serves on the Editorial Board of the international journal entitled the “Journal of Forensic Biomechanics” (sixteen Editorial Board members worldwide). http://www.omicsonline.com/open-access/editorialboardJFB.php . Additionally, recently (2016), Dr. Hannon has been appointed to the Board of Editors for the new international journal entitled "Biology, Engineering and Medicine", (2016); http://www.oatext.com/Biology-Engineering-and-Medicine-BEM.php#Editorial_Board . Dr. Hannon is active in research paper reviews and is an active contributor of editorials and peer reviewed papers to these journals.
Copyright 2018. All Rights Reserved. Hannon Biomechanics Analysis, Arizona ,Texas